The perfect party accessory to top off any outfit. Topshop, Zara, Missguided and Public desire are the first, but who is to follow? I’m predicting lush plum and burnt mustard colours which would be wonderful for the season.
Definitely on my wish list this year is a leopard print boot!
They are eye catching and daring but will transform any outfit, especially chunky winter knitwear.
- H&M, £25. 2. Saint Laurant, £915. 3. French Connection, £98. 4. Topshop, £92. 5. Charlotte Russe, £28. 6. Sam Edelman, £105.
Which will you choose?
The dreaded dilemma of what to wear for a summer wedding.
For a start, there’s no guarentee that the wet stuff won’t begin to fall and ruin your short and sleeveless summer tea dress and make you feel utterly ridiculous when your stiletto’s begin to sink into the wet grass. Whats more, is it normal to go more casual or is the prom queen-style dress still the preferential choice. What do you do to combat every situation in order to have a perfect day?
1. Above all, stay classy: A wedding is made up of sitting, walking, eating, drinking and dancing, therefore the number one rule is to be comfortable but try to remain looking effortless all day and night.
2. Shoes: Stiletto’s are just a no no, unless you are wonder woman and can survive 10 hours with your feet stuffed into uncomfortable 6″ heels. Instead, go for a statement chunky sandal to compliment a simple dress or a strappy nude block heel to prevent overpowering your outfit. If you still can’t hack the heels don’t be ashamed to pull out your flats when the dancefloor is calling. However there are some perfect printed courts on the high street recently so it’s worth a look.
Top Row (left to right): Primark £12. Topshop £59. J.Crew £240. Asos £42.
Bottom Row (left to right): Asos £35. Office £60. Office £65. Asos £40.
3. Hair: a simple up-do will stay in place throughout the day and through a potential long journey to the reception venue. Plus, it will not be affected by any suprise gales that come your way. Whereas hair that is left down may begin to misbehave during the day without any notice leaving you in a sticky situation.
4. Dress: Here’s where it gets tough so I’ve picked out a few of my faves from the highstreet to make the decision a lot easier. Don’t forget to take a simple throw on jacket for the evenings.
5. Accessories: The saying ‘less is more’ is definitely true. Keep it simple and don’t overthink it.
Left to right: Warehouse £80. Whistles £120. Topshop £55. Topshop £98. Oasis £65. Primark £15.